Sour cream porridge
Sour cream porridge with dried meats was festive food in the olden days and is still considered that today.
- 4 dl (1 2/3 cups) 35 percent fat sour cream
- About 3 dl (1 1/4 cups) flour
- 1 1/4 liters (5 cups) full fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Nutritional information (per 100g)
- Fat: 60 g
- Proteins: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Calories: 300 cal
Sour cream porridge must be made from high fat (35%) natural sour cream, with no stabilizers or gelatin added. For the best results, use homemade sour cream.
- Heat 2 1/2 dl (1 cup) whipping cream to 35 C (95 F), almost body temperature, then whisk in 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 8 hours, until thickened.
- Simmer sour cream, covered, about 15 minutes.
- Sift over 1/3 of the flour.
- Simmer until the butterfat begins to leach out.
- Skim off the fat.
- Sift over the remaining flour and bring to a boil.
- Bring the milk to a boil and thin the porridge to desired consistency.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, and season with salt.
- Serve with the fat, sugar and cinnamon.
Man, this was the weirdest food I've ever tasted I think.
Really nasty stuff
Felt really nasty in the mouth.
Wan't go near it again.
It was a bit weird eating it. But not so different from what we are used to in Ukraine. I cold definitely eat this on a regular basis. Although my man will probably object since I might gain a few pounds.
Tastes like velvet, mmm yummy
This is pretty heavy food.
Not much to say. Try it. I really liked it a lot.
m m mmm, that was good stuff
Good with raisins, sugar and butter.